Thursday, January 15, 2015

Holmes Christmas exchange


Jon came up with the idea to change names with the Holmes kids instead of just our kids. We exchanged names right after Christmas. It was good for the kids. They had to do extra jobs to earn money for their person. We spent a lot of nights chopping branches in our backyard from the tree that fell down. Justin was so good he was always asking what he could do to help. We are just glad Taylor and Mackenzie made ammends and didn't have each others names. MacKenzie did get him a barbie doll just to be funny though. Conner was so excited all afternoon. He wasn't going to make it. He was that way waiting for Christmas to get here. The excitement was just too much for him. 

The kids loved and gave great gifts to each other. We had a nice ham dinner with their family and Barbara Nagel from our ward and Sierra from Jon's work.
Another Christmas miracle came out of this party. We bought MacKenzie a Itunes gift card from Target on Saturday. We had the party on Sunday. I was wrapping the gifts and I couldn't find the card anywhere. I didn't want her to feel bad that we didn't have a gift for her. So we prayed and Jon said to call Target and see if they found on. I had to wait a bit on the phone and then he told me to read the confirmation number. He had found my card. Can you believe it? Jon stopped by to get it even though it was Sunday. I was amazed it was there and knew we were blessed. Yeah!


Kate loved her Olaf from them. 

Cooper got a train and couldn't be happier. 

Bridger loved the Z curve bow that we gave him. He was using this little target that came on the box. 

I had to get a picture of my pumpkin pie to prove that Jon ruined it. I was on the phone and let it cook longer than I should. Then I went visit teaching and Jon put cream on it and it melted. It did have pecans on the top. Oh well they still ate it. 


No comments: