Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas decor and more

 Our tree in all its glory this year. The LED lights reflect off the ceiling and look pretty cool.
I made Kate a simple Christmas skirt. I made one for her friend Heidi. I wasn't sure if the white would hold up. It is pretty thin so I put another layer underneath and added an extra hem. I thought it turned out pretty cute. 



We had fun decorating this year. Jon had the great idea to put Santa hats on our two dogs. I didn't get a picture of the dog statue on our front door but he was sporting a hat as well. I thought our house turned out fun. 

I love the little villages in our shelf here that Grandma gave us last year. 

I love our nativity and I always have fun putting the hutch together. 

Chris helped us put our villages out in the playroom. We bought some last year after Christmas and Grandma gave us one and also the train. The kids loved it. It turned out great despite Jon changing an outlet to make it work. 

I decided I wanted two framed pictures. This one turned out great. This was the first thing you saw as you walked in the front door. I really liked it. 

Jon gave me these carolers for Christmas last year from Jim Shore. They looked great on my Mantel. We especially like the dog singing with him. 

Jon gave me the first piece of the train and Grandma Snow bought the other two. The rest of the set is way hard to find. Cooper would always connect the trains together. 
This was the other picture we bought. It was expensive to frame it bigger but we really liked it. It didn't fill this wall very well but oh well. I thought it was a really fun picture. It took us a long time to find what we wanted and Jon was patient with the many trips to Hobby Lobby. 

I love changing out the curtains for the holidays and it is fun to decorate above the  shelf. 

No comments: