Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Hollow

I made a goal at the beginning of the year to do more with Kate and Conner. It has taken me a long time to actually do things. I really enjoy just having these two home with me during the day. I took them to Happy Hollow in San Jose. It has a small zoo with amusement rides. Conner enjoyed the animals even riding this horse was a blast to ride on.



This had to be our favorite part in the zoo. The leopard was very active. It would pace back and forth and then when the kids got close to the cage he would pounce at the glass. It scaried them the first couple of times. I have never seen an animal so active.

This had to be my favorite picture of the whole day. Conner enjoyed looking at birds in the aviary. So concentrated, so intent on finding one and I caught him in the act.

Their favorite spot was this big Jungle Gym that they climbed on. I even went down the slide with Kate so she wouldn't be scaried. At 8 months pregnant I am not sure how I got up at the bottom. The ropes were fun to climb on.

Kate loved the carousel and had to have the girl horse. We rode it 3 times in a row. I thought the rides cost extra but I consented to let them ride the carousel and then I found out they didn't have to pay for the rides. It was still fun and hardly busy at all and they were fun to be with.

No comments: