Monday, September 17, 2012

New Dress



I love elastic thread. It is so fun and easy to sew with. I found this skirt in my closet and decided to make it into a dress for Kate. I should've taken a before picture. It was a size 16 skirt that I got at the DI a couple of years ago that I meant to fix so I could wear it, but never did. It turned out super cute. Kate loves her new dress. The nice thing was I didn't have to hem it I just took out a zipper and sewed elastic thread and looked at this blog to make the straps. My old machine always has issues so it took longer, but now she just loves it. I love the bow Lisa made of the extra material thanks Lisa. Jon bought me a new machine on Saturday for our anniversary, so I hope that I can find the time to sew more dresses. Yeah!  She would wear a dress everyday, so I love to encourage that. I do love having a girl around even though she gives us plenty of sassiness but she loves being cute. Elastic thread looks good on everything and was much easier to use than I thought. Here's to more projects.

2 comments:

lisa said...

SO cute Cami!!! It makes me want to go through my closet to see which ones you could make dresses for Kate out of!! You did a great job and the straps look great too! Doesn't hurt to have a cute little model too. :)

Unknown said...

So so cute. I love it. Kate is so adorable. I agree elastic thread is so awesome. Im sure you'll love your new machine. That is very thoughtful of Jon.